In an earlier service I noticed I didn’t have a main/large gasket to stop water leaks coming out the edges of the bottom end – so I used gasket sealer (the red stuff you see all along the end of the mating surfaces). I still don’t know if there is supposed to be a gasket here (I doubt it) but because there isn’t much pressure at this point it is fine to use some gasket maker/sealer. Just make sure it is resistant to heat and salt water. Using sand paper remove any old sealant (im using Wet&Dry 320. It takes longer to clean it up at least I won’t damage the surface).
December 6, 2015
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
© 2023 Make it, Break it, Fix it — Powered by WordPress
Theme by Anders Noren — Up ↑
Leave a Reply